A Different World is the spinoff of the Cosby show that follows Denise Huxtable in her first year at fictional HBCU Hillman College. After Lisa Bonet left the show after the first season, the show continues to portray college life around the characters Whitley, Dwayne and their friends. Even for students not at an HBCU, A Different World depicts college in a relatable way and talks about topics such as roommates, friendship, schoolwork, social scene, responsibility, relationships, racism, and more. Here are 10 moments from the show that describe college life perfectly.
1) When you realize that college is about growing up and being responsible
2) Looking at the syllabus like
3) When your roommate is a neat freak
4) When that language requirement starts to get the better of you
5) When some one tries to talk smooth to you
6) When you realize how much work you have to do
7) Practicing self care like
8) Getting out of your feelings like
9) Every freshman dreaming for the day when they’re no longer at the bottom
10) When you know you are and your self-worth no matter what anyone else thinks
If you’ve never seen A Different World or just want to relieve the series, all six seasons are on Netflix.